The year 2020 did not prepare us for the absolute fiasco that it is. Indeed, the global pandemic has affected almost all business sectors and challenged business owners to keep up with the change. Online business owners, for instance, faced and continue to face this shift today.
Along with global lockdowns and restrictions is the surge of eCommerce, not only with customers but also with competitors. So, to keep up with this sudden surge, Shopify entrepreneurs are tasked to find more creative ways to retain and gain customers better than their rising competitors.
To help you in this venture, here are the top 5 Shopify trends you can use in 2021.
After its surge, the trend of online shopping is here to stay. But with many competitors emerging, you need to step up your game and provide a personalized shopping experience for your customers. Here are some recommendations:
- Better search and filter options.
- Improved chat support and guides.
- Efficient return and exchange policy.
- Give away rewards.
- Offer loyalty and membership cards.
- Provide exclusive access.
- Improve referral bonuses.
- Identify customer buying references and use them to develop personalized promotions.
- Make use of Big Data.
CUSTOMER RETENTION > CUSTOMER ACQUISITION
Customer acquisition costs are rising. So, it’s better to focus on retention this year. There are many ways you can do to make this possible.
- Voice Search. While it’s a fairly new technology, your site should already be optimized for it.
- Personalized email and mobile marketing. A staggering 79% of Shopify traffic comes from mobile devices. If you can use this information to good use, then you’ll no doubt do better than your competitors. And while social media is a popular way to connect with customers, email marketing is still a successful channel.
- Video and Social Media Marketing. Video promotions have seen a surge in popularity over the years, while social media has also become a tool for 74% of consumers in making buying decisions.
Bring a variety of fulfilment options to your customer for a better delivery experience. Below are a few points to consider:
- Offer local delivery options, which greatly improves personalization.
- Check out ‘pop up’ stores by open retail spaces made specifically for eCommerce stores looking into local click-and-collect centres.
- Make your returns as hassle-free as possible to improve customer trust and satisfaction.
CONSIDER AR TECHNOLOGY
AR provides an avenue for customers to have a shopping experience like with physical stores. After all, while online shopping provides great convenience, it also lacks personal touch and interaction with items. AR will shape Shopify stores more in the future. Meanwhile, you may consider virtual tours and other virtual services.
IMPROVE YOUR STORE’S DIGITAL EXPERIENCE
The best way to get ahead of your competitors is to provide your customers with the best digital experience while on your site. You can improve your site’s mobile version, add informative and promotional video content in your store, make the checkout process seamless, improve add to cart functionality, and more!
To find out more ways on how to improve your store’s digital experience, visit Nivara today!